Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Something Sweet

I really have been very busy since my last post. Really. I bought 2 leotards from Show-Off, and adorned them with sequins, appliques and rhinestones for M. to wear at her baton twirling contests. Those kept me busy for a lot longer than I planned!

I've been taking the Gail Wilson on-line Fashion Doll class. The doll is made and wigged, and I've even finished the stand. I am woefully behind on her clothing - onsie slip, pantelettes, socks, shoes, 2 piece outfit and hat. When she isn't naked, I'll take some pictures and post them.

Until then, I thought I'd share a pic of something M. and I made last week for her brother's high school graduation party. She jokingly called them smorgashboards, but you'll figure out what they really are supposed to look like...


I saw the idea on Kraft's website. We covered graham crackers with melted milk chocolate morsels. The cupcake tops were cut off. The graham crackers were attached to the cupcakes with chocolate frosting. M. trimmed fruit roll ups to make the tassels and then stuck Skittles on top for the buttons. M. & W.'s cousins gobbled them right up - and I think the adults enjoyed them, too.

No comments: