Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fashion Doll


I am in Gail Wilson's on-line Fashion Doll class this spring and summer. It has been a very enjoyable class. Some of the members of the class are seriously into historical accuracy and are sharing everything they know or can find about the era. Others are asking questions or sharing tips to help the dolls turn out the best that we can. Some have chosen to give their dolls earrings , crocheted snoods, and fancy mitts. Mine is more of an all-American, down to earth girl who finds beauty in simpler things. I had a hard time with getting the snood to work with her hair. I might not have trimmed or thinned the wig enough, but after looking at other's photos, I really think the netting just isn't as stretchy or large as the crocheted snoods. Maybe I shouldn't have given up with crocheting one and moved up to a larger hook size (I tend to crochet so tight, I found the size impossible to see and work with). I like the way she is turning out, so I'm not going to dwell on that! Last weekend I made her camisole/petticoat onesie - I am hoping that she will get her pantalets, socks and shoes in the next few days so that I can move on to her clothes!


No comments: