For September, Kathy Tracy's SmallQuiltTalk Yahoo! group made quilts based on a single quilt block called Dove in the Window. Once again, I was able to make the quilt using fabrics from my stach. I picked the fabric for the large squares first, and then picked fabrics that I thought would work with it. My husband helped me decide on the borders after I had narrowed my choices down to a handful. I was really happy with how it turned out, so I decided to hand quilt it - nothing fancy, just 1/4" from the seam lines, like I learned to do more than 20 years ago! I finished the quilt on a rainy weekend, so getting a photo in good outdoor light was delayed even more!
My October hexagon flower quilt top is done - just waiting to be basted, quilted and bound! I hope that I can finish it within a few days of the end of the month - November will be busy enough without starting it already behind!