Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Some New Fuzzy Friends

A few weeks ago, on a sunny, warm November afternoon, I took a lunch break to visit the Savage Mill mall.  There are several shops I really like to browse in:  Bearing Gifts, And Sew It Goes,  Lucy and Ethel's, and The Polish Pottery Mart.  There are always so many things to see and enjoy, but I don't always make a purchase when I visit.  Just getting out of the office and seeing something different can be a real treat during a tough week. 

On my last visit, I found a special little bear.  She is an Angel bear with a pine halo, and country style wings and a necklace with her name:  Faith.  She will join my Christmas bears for the next few weeks.  Rather than hibernating after Christmas, I think I'm going to see if I can remove her halo and wings and make them a seasonal costume so that I can enjoy her year round.


Today, a new friend arrived.  His name is Benjamin.  He is a pogo from The Pogoshop on Etsy.  He was made from an upcycled beige lambswool sweater and is stuffed with bamboo fiberfill.  I think he'd like to go out and play in the woods, but since it is cold and rainy outside, he's happy to stay inside and visit. 

Benjamin brought his own special heather green wool sleepsack to cuddle into for nice cozy naps:

No comments: