Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend.  After my daughter's piano lesson on Saturday morning, my husband, daughter and I drove to the Eastern Shore to spend the day with my Mom.  We went to the Farmer's Market in her town, had a terrific lunch at a little place called The Lemon Leaf Cafe, visited a few little shops,and spent the afternoon visiting and helping around at her house.

In addition to some lucious tomatoes, strawberries, cucumbers and pies, I picked up a few pieces of pottery from a local artisan.





My husband replaced a self-closing hinge on her door from the house to the garage, and stained the new threshhold for her front door, that he'll seal and install later in the week.  I helped Mom stake up some flowers in her garden. 

This morning, we went to early church, and the ushers gave all the mothers carnations as we were leaving.  Since my son was ushering, he picked out this one for me.


After church, we made our usual trip to Target for Starbucks, then went home to change before heading to Six Flags to "break in" our season passes and pick up the annual coupon book.  We rode a few rides, enjoyed walking around a bit, had pizza and Cold Stone ice cream before heading home.  The weather was very nice - not too hot, a gentle breeze, sunny - so it was a good day to be outside.

Wishing all the mothers, and people who have mothers, a wonderful day.

No comments: